The Week Online with DRCNet
(renamed "Drug War Chronicle" effective issue #300, August 2003)
Issue #268, 12/20/02
"Raising Awareness of the Consequences of Drug Prohibition"
Phillip S. Smith, Editor
David Borden, Executive Director
subscribe for FREE now! ---- make a donation ---- search
Come to "Out from the Shadows: Ending Drug
Prohibition in the 21st Century," Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico,
February 12-15, 2003 -- visit http://www.stopthedrugwar.org/shadows/
for info or to register.
Join the HEA campaign to repeal the drug
provision of the Higher Education Act -- visit http://www.RaiseYourVoice.com
for info and an activist packet.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Special Offer Continues -- DRCNet Needs Your Help!
- Editorial: Expanding the Chorus
- 108 Euro-Parliamentarians Call for Legal, Regulated Drug Trade, Reform of UN Conventions
- Congressional Drug Warrior Having Doubts: Dan Burton's Near Epiphany
- Michigan Legislature Repeals Mandatory Minimum Drug Laws
- Canadian Marijuana Activists Skeptical on Decrim
- Canadian Supreme Court Postpones Marijuana Cases, Cites Parliament Report, Justice Minister Statement on Decrim
- DRCNet Book Review: "Busted: Stone Cowboys, Narco-Lords, and Washington's War on Drugs"
- And the Winners Are
- Federal Judge Shows Keen Interest in Raich/Monson Medical Marijuana Case
- Bolivia Coca Growers Announce Blockades for January 6 -- Will Continue Dialogue
- DC Measure 62 Clears Hurdle, Goes to Congress 268/jeffjones Newsbrief: Oakland Cannabis Co-op Director Founded Guilty on Federal Jury Tampering Charges, Handed Out Flyer at Epis Trial
- Newsbrief: This Week's Corrupt Cop Story
- Newsbrief: Stop the Presses! Poor, Blacks Face Brunt of Houston Drug War
- Newsbrief: Texas ACLU Report Slams Task Forces, Calls for End to $200 Million Annual Boondoogle
- Newsbrief: MPP Continues "War on Drug Czar" -- More Complaints to be Filed, O'Reilly Appearance Tonight
- Newsbrief: Budget Cuts Free Kentucky Drug Prisoners -- Oklahoma Next?
- Newsbrief: Nickelodeon Censors Beverly Hillbillies Marijuana References
- Newsbrief: Asset Forfeiture Unconstitutional in New Jersey
- Media Scan: Joycelyn Elders in Globe and Mail, George McMahon in Fort Worth Weekly, Jeff and Tracy, Santa Fe New Mexican, Medscape
- DC Job Opportunities at DRCNet
- Action Alerts: Rave Bill, Medical Marijuana, Higher Education Act Drug Provision, Tulia, Salvia Divinorum
- The Reformer's Calendar
this issue, one-page printer version
Week Online archives
If you like what you see here
and want to get these bulletins by e-mail, please fill out our quick
signup form at http://stopthedrugwar.org/WOLSignup.shtml.
PERMISSION to reprint or
redistribute any or all of the contents of Drug War Chronicle is hereby
granted. We ask that any use of these materials include proper credit and,
where appropriate, a link to one or more of our web sites. If your
publication customarily pays for publication, DRCNet requests checks
payable to the organization. If your publication does not pay for
materials, you are free to use the materials gratis. In all cases, we
request notification for our records, including physical copies where
material has appeared in print. Contact: StoptheDrugWar.org: the Drug Reform Coordination Network,
P.O. Box 18402, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 293-8340 (voice), (202)
293-8344 (fax), e-mail [email protected]. Thank
Articles of a purely
educational nature in Drug War Chronicle appear courtesy of the DRCNet
Foundation, unless otherwise noted.