Drug War Chronicle
(formerly The Week Online with DRCNet)
Issue #315, 12/12/03
"Raising Awareness of the Consequences of Drug Prohibition"
Phillip S. Smith, Editor
David Borden, Executive Director
subscribe for FREE now! ---- make a donation ---- search
The PERRY FUND gets PRESS
-- first of much to come! Scholarship recipient Melanie Cavyell is
featured in the Corvallis Gazette-Times, Oregon:
Donate $35 or more and get
your FREE COPY of "BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters,"
an outstanding new video from the Flex Your Rights Foundation (FyR).
to contribute today! Also new: A Drug War Carol, see BOOK REVIEW
PICTURES: Visit http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/315/
for THIS WEEK'S Drug War Chronicle with PICTURES.
LISTEN TO THE NEW PERRY FUND
PSA -- AVAILABLE FOR BROADCAST!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Editorial: Steve Kubby IS a Refugee
- Canada Denies Refugee Status to US Medical Marijuana Exile
- Fallout Continues in Goose Creek, South Carolina, High School Drug Raid
- DRCNet Interview: Darrell Rogers, Acting Executive Director, Students for Sensible Drug Policy
- DRCNet Book Review: "A Drug War Carol," by Susan Wells and Scott Bieser (Big Head Press, $5.95)
- Newsbrief: Bush Campaign Letter Attacks Drug Reform Funders
- Newsbrief: Thai Government to Investigate Itself over Drug War Killings
- Newsbrief: Bolivian Government Shifts Away from "Zero Coca"
- Newsbrief: New Canadian Prime Minister to Revive Marijuana Decriminalization Bill
- Newsbrief: Jamaican Solicitor General Warns Ganja Decrim Could Violate International Treaties, Invite US Retaliation
- Newsbrief: Australian Prime Minister Says Injection Room Violates Treaties, UN Says No It Doesn't
- Newsbrief: Medical Marijuana Approved by German Court
- Newsbrief: West Virginia Supreme Court Grants Private Employers Greater Pre-Employment Drug Test Rights
- Newsbrief: NYC Cigarette Tax Hike Leads to Black Market Violence
- Newsbrief: Cop Kills Cop in Methamphetamine Raid Gone Awry
- DRCNet Temporarily Suspending Our Web-Based Write-to-Congress Service Due to Funding Shortfalls -- Your Help Can Bring It Back -- Keep Contacting Congress in the Meantime
- Perry Fund Accepting Applications for 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 School Years, Providing Scholarships for Students Losing Aid Because of Drug Convictions
- The Reformer's Calendar
this issue, one-page printer version
Week Online archives
If you like what you see here
and want to get these bulletins by e-mail, please fill out our quick
signup form at http://stopthedrugwar.org/WOLSignup.shtml.
PERMISSION to reprint or
redistribute any or all of the contents of Drug War Chronicle is hereby
granted. We ask that any use of these materials include proper credit and,
where appropriate, a link to one or more of our web sites. If your
publication customarily pays for publication, DRCNet requests checks
payable to the organization. If your publication does not pay for
materials, you are free to use the materials gratis. In all cases, we
request notification for our records, including physical copies where
material has appeared in print. Contact: StoptheDrugWar.org: the Drug Reform Coordination Network,
P.O. Box 18402, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 293-8340 (voice), (202)
293-8344 (fax), e-mail [email protected]. Thank
Articles of a purely
educational nature in Drug War Chronicle appear courtesy of the DRCNet
Foundation, unless otherwise noted.