Drug War Chronicle
(formerly The Week Online with DRCNet)
Issue #327, 3/5/04
"Raising Awareness of the Consequences of Drug Prohibition"
Phillip S. Smith, Editor
David Borden, Executive Director
subscribe for FREE now! ---- make a donation ---- search
Host a Screening of "BUSTED:
The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters," March 29th to April
12th -- or just get your own copy at the new reduced rate! See below
or visit http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/327/screenings.shtml
for info or http://stopthedrugwar.org/donate/
to donate and order.
items special offer extended! See below, visit http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/327/special.shtml
to learn more or visit http://stopthedrugwar.org/donate/
to contribute and get your t-shirts, mugs, mousepads, ink stamps, strobe
lights, buttons or other cool and educational items.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Editorial: What's the Real Reason?
- The 2005 Federal Anti-Drug Budget: More of the Same, and Some Hidden Costs
- The 2004 Federal Drug Strategy: Drug Czar Makes It Official -- It's War on Pain Patients, Doctors
- Fight Looms Over Detroit Medical Marijuana Measure
- UN Drug Report Criticizes Safe Injection Sites
- Screenings! "BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters" to Air Around the Country March 29th to April 12th -- Host One in Your Home or Community or School!
- DRCNet StoptheDrugWar.org Merchandise Special Extended
- Newsbrief: Players in Haiti Revolt Linked to Drug Traffic
- Newsbrief: With Vermont Medical Marijuana Bill Pending, Burlington Voters Send a Message
- Newsbrief: Iowa Guardsmen Home from Iraq Face Drug Discipline
- Newsbrief: Thailand to Launch New Drug War This Month, Shrugs off US Human Rights Criticism
- Newsbrief: Doctors, Scientists Urge Media to End "Crack Baby" Myth
- Newsbrief: Canadian New Democratic Party Calls for Regulation of Marijuana
- Newsbrief: Jamaica Ganja Decrim Moves Toward Parliament Vote
- This Week in History
- The Reformer's Calendar
this issue, one-page printer version
If you like what you see here
and want to get these bulletins by e-mail, please fill out our quick
signup form at http://stopthedrugwar.org/WOLSignup.shtml.
PERMISSION to reprint or
redistribute any or all of the contents of Drug War Chronicle is hereby
granted. We ask that any use of these materials include proper credit and,
where appropriate, a link to one or more of our web sites. If your
publication customarily pays for publication, DRCNet requests checks
payable to the organization. If your publication does not pay for
materials, you are free to use the materials gratis. In all cases, we
request notification for our records, including physical copies where
material has appeared in print. Contact: StoptheDrugWar.org: the Drug Reform Coordination Network,
P.O. Box 18402, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 293-8340 (voice), (202)
293-8344 (fax), e-mail [email protected]. Thank
Articles of a purely
educational nature in Drug War Chronicle appear courtesy of the DRCNet
Foundation, unless otherwise noted.