Drug War Chronicle
(formerly The Week Online with DRCNet)
Issue #317, 12/26/03
"Raising Awareness of the Consequences of Drug Prohibition"
Phillip S. Smith, Editor
David Borden, Executive Director
subscribe for FREE now! ---- make a donation ---- search
Donate $35 or more
and get your FREE COPY of "BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police
Encounters," an outstanding new video from Flex Your Rights (FyR).
Donate $25 for your second, third or any further copies -- count previous
BUSTED orders as your first! Visit http://stopthedrugwar.org/donate/
to support DRCNet and order your copies of BUSTED today!
for this week's Drug War Chronicle in MULTI-MEDIA.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Message from the Executive Director: Another Year at DRCNet and in Drug Policy Reform
- Canadian Supreme Court Upholds Marijuana Law -- Cannabis Battle Heads Back to Parliament
- The New Jersey Weedman is Back! Forchion Announces House Bid Before Arrest at Liberty Bell Pot-Smoking Religious Demo
- Newsbrief: The Complete List of President Bush's Drug War Prisoner Pardons
- Newsbrief: Return of the Undead, Part I -- "B-1 Bob" Dornan to Challenge Rohrabacher in House Race, Attacks Medical Marijuana
- Newsbrief: Return of the Undead, Part II -- Arch-Drug Warrior McCollum Seeks Florida GOP Senate Nod
- Newsbrief: Prohibition-Terror Link?
- Newsbrief: Cable Giant Censors Medical Marijuana Issue Ads in New Hampshire
- Newsbrief: Todd McCormick Released from Federal Prison
- Newsbrief: Why Don't People Seek Treatment?
- Popular Television News and Drama Programs to Discuss Mandatory Minimum Sentencing in January
- BUSTED: New and Improved Video Offer from DRCNet
- DRCNet Temporarily Suspending Our Web-Based Write-to-Congress Service Due to Funding Shortfalls -- Your Help Can Bring It Back -- Keep Contacting Congress in the Meantime
- Perry Fund Accepting Applications for 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 School Years, Providing Scholarships for Students Losing Aid Because of Drug Convictions
- The Reformer's Calendar
this issue, one-page printer version
If you like what you see here
and want to get these bulletins by e-mail, please fill out our quick
signup form at http://stopthedrugwar.org/WOLSignup.shtml.
PERMISSION to reprint or
redistribute any or all of the contents of Drug War Chronicle is hereby
granted. We ask that any use of these materials include proper credit and,
where appropriate, a link to one or more of our web sites. If your
publication customarily pays for publication, DRCNet requests checks
payable to the organization. If your publication does not pay for
materials, you are free to use the materials gratis. In all cases, we
request notification for our records, including physical copies where
material has appeared in print. Contact: StoptheDrugWar.org: the Drug Reform Coordination Network,
P.O. Box 18402, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 293-8340 (voice), (202)
293-8344 (fax), e-mail [email protected]. Thank
Articles of a purely
educational nature in Drug War Chronicle appear courtesy of the DRCNet
Foundation, unless otherwise noted.