The Week Online with DRCNet
(renamed "Drug War Chronicle" effective issue #300, August 2003)
Issue #267, 12/13/02
"Raising Awareness of the Consequences of Drug Prohibition"
Phillip S. Smith, Editor
David Borden, Executive Director
subscribe for FREE now! ---- make a donation ---- search
Come to "Out from the Shadows: Ending Drug
Prohibition in the 21st Century," Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico,
February 12-15, 2003 -- visit http://www.stopthedrugwar.org/shadows/
for info or to register.
Join the HEA campaign to repeal the drug
provision of the Higher Education Act -- visit http://www.RaiseYourVoice.com
for info and an activist packet.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- DRCNet Needs Your Help!
- Editorial: O, Canada! (Oh, the Embarrassment!)
- Canadian House Drugs Committee Calls for Cannabis Decrim, Safe Injection Sites, Heroin Maintenance
- Canadian Justice Minister Calls for Cannabis Decrim "Early Next Year" -- US Opposition Could Pose Obstacle
- Britain Drops Old Drug Strategy Targets, Goals Were "Not Credible" -- New Strategy a Mixed Bag
- Michigan Legislature Repeals Draconian Mandatory Minimum Drug Sentences
- New Jersey Court Declares State's Civil Forfeiture Funding Scheme Unconstitutional
- Newsbrief: Santa Cruz Deputizes Medical Marijuana Providers
- Newsbrief: Massachusetts High Court Blocks Arrest of Needle Exchange Participants
- Newsbrief: Colombia -- It's Drug War -- No, Oil War -- No, Terror War
- Newsbrief: British Ex-Minister Calls Ecstasy Law "An Ass"
- Newsbrief: Israeli Green Leaf Party Eyes Knesset Seats
- Newsbrief: Illinois Supreme Court Limits Use of Drug Dogs in Traffic Stops
- Newsbrief: Paramilitary Drug Raid Tactics Anger Eugene Residents
- Newsbrief: This Week's Corrupt Cop Story
- Newsbrief: SAMHSA Says Treat Drug Abusers' Mental Illness
- Media and Resources: Medical Cannabis Conference Tapes, WOLA Report, Jacob Sullum in Reason, Deborah Saunders in SF Chronicle
- Action Alerts: Rave Bill, Medical Marijuana, Higher Education Act Drug Provision, Tulia, Salvia Divinorum
- The Reformer's Calendar
this issue, one-page printer version
Week Online archives
If you like what you see here
and want to get these bulletins by e-mail, please fill out our quick
signup form at http://stopthedrugwar.org/WOLSignup.shtml.
PERMISSION to reprint or
redistribute any or all of the contents of Drug War Chronicle is hereby
granted. We ask that any use of these materials include proper credit and,
where appropriate, a link to one or more of our web sites. If your
publication customarily pays for publication, DRCNet requests checks
payable to the organization. If your publication does not pay for
materials, you are free to use the materials gratis. In all cases, we
request notification for our records, including physical copies where
material has appeared in print. Contact: StoptheDrugWar.org: the Drug Reform Coordination Network,
P.O. Box 18402, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 293-8340 (voice), (202)
293-8344 (fax), e-mail [email protected]. Thank
Articles of a purely
educational nature in Drug War Chronicle appear courtesy of the DRCNet
Foundation, unless otherwise noted.