The Week Online with DRCNet
(renamed "Drug War Chronicle" effective issue #300, August 2003)
Issue #264, 11/22/02
"Raising Awareness of the Consequences of Drug Prohibition"
Phillip S. Smith, Editor
David Borden, Executive Director
subscribe for FREE now! ---- make a donation ---- search
Come to "Out from the Shadows: Ending Drug
Prohibition in the 21st Century," Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico,
February 12-15, 2003 -- visit http://www.stopthedrugwar.org/shadows
for info or to register.
Join the HEA campaign to repeal the drug
provision of the Higher Education Act -- visit http://www.RaiseYourVoice.com
for info and an activist packet.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- DRCNet Needs Your Help!
- Editorial: It's Not About Public Safety
- Drug Czar, Prohibition Establishment Seek "Zero Tolerance" for "Drugged Driving" -- Sober Marijuana Users in the Crosshairs
- DC Treatment Initiative Clears Legal, Bureaucratic Hurdles, More Funding and Implementation Battles Loom
- Medical Marijuana in New York: As the Marijuana Reform Party Licks Its Wounds, MPP Funds New Legislative Effort
- Newsbrief: This Week's Cop Corruption Story
- Newsbrief: HEA Resolution on the Move on Campuses
- Newsbrief: With Milwaukee Drug War Running on Overdrive, Drug Court Judge Begins to Wonder
- Newsbrief: Oklahoma Prisons Gobble Up More Cash
- Newsbrief: Ambitious US Attorney in Boston Orders Increased Drug Penalties
- Newsbrief: Arkansas Drug Czar Resigns After DWI Bust
- Newsbrief: Could It Possibly Be TRUE Department -- New African High?
- Newsbrief: California Town Won't Report Medical Marijuana Cases to DEA 264/antimarijuanaresearch Newsbrief: NORML Gives Heads Up on Anti-Marijuana Research Results to Be Published Next Week
- Green Aid Establishes Legal Defense Fund for Ed Rosenthal
- Media Scan: Doonesbury, Forbes in Slate, OC Register, Ed Forchion in DrugWar.com, Youth Today, Nando Times, CCLE Salvia, Heroin Times, Pot TV on John Walters, ONDCP
- Action Alerts: Rave Bill, Medical Marijuana, Higher Education Act Drug Provision, Tulia, Salvia Divinorum
- The Reformer's Calendar
this issue, one-page printer version
Week Online archives
If you like what you see here
and want to get these bulletins by e-mail, please fill out our quick
signup form at http://stopthedrugwar.org/WOLSignup.shtml.
PERMISSION to reprint or
redistribute any or all of the contents of Drug War Chronicle is hereby
granted. We ask that any use of these materials include proper credit and,
where appropriate, a link to one or more of our web sites. If your
publication customarily pays for publication, DRCNet requests checks
payable to the organization. If your publication does not pay for
materials, you are free to use the materials gratis. In all cases, we
request notification for our records, including physical copies where
material has appeared in print. Contact: StoptheDrugWar.org: the Drug Reform Coordination Network,
P.O. Box 18402, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 293-8340 (voice), (202)
293-8344 (fax), e-mail [email protected]. Thank
Articles of a purely
educational nature in Drug War Chronicle appear courtesy of the DRCNet
Foundation, unless otherwise noted.