The Week Online with DRCNet
(renamed "Drug War Chronicle" effective issue #300, August 2003)
Issue #200, 8/24/01
"Raising Awareness of the Consequences of Drug Prohibition"
Phillip S. Smith, Editor
David Borden, Executive Director
subscribe for FREE now! ---- make a donation ---- search
Washingtonians, DC suburbanites
and visitors, come out to the Week Online 200th issue party tonight!
Special guest Kenny "The Real" Kramer (real-life basis of the Seinfeld
character), music including Mike Daly of Whiskeytown, Wish You Were Gone,
Monsoon and Djesben, speeches, literature and camaraderie in the cause!
August 24 (Friday), The Velvet Lounge, 915 U Street NW, admission $7, must
be 21 or over, say you're there for the DRCNet benefit.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Editorial: Random Marijuana
- More Drug Prisoners Doing More Time in Federal Prison System, According to New Justice Department Report
- Colombian Legislators Introduce Legalization, Cultivation Bills, Ask UN to Evaluate Global Anti-Drug Strategies
- Jamaican Ganja Commission Calls for Decrim, Battle With US Brewing
- Pressure Builds for Safe Injection Rooms in Vancouver as Canadian Medical Association Journal Studies Add Fuel to Fire
- NIDA Ecstasy Conference Hears Harm Reduction Call
- Aging Behind Bars: New Report from The Sentencing Project Blasts California's Three-Strikes Law
- Hutchinson Takes DEA Mantle, Comments Elicit Confusion and Criticism
- Hempfest Draws 100,000 in Seattle, Hempstock Draws the Cops in Maine
- T-shirts for Victory! Special Offer and Appeal from DRCNet This Month
- Action Alerts: Ecstasy Bill, HEA, Mandatory Minimums, Medical Marijuana, John Walters
- HEA Campaign Still Seeking Student Victim Cases -- New York Metropolitan Area Especially Urgent
- The Reformer's Calendar
this issue, one-page printer version
Week Online archives
If you like what you see here
and want to get these bulletins by e-mail, please fill out our quick
signup form at http://stopthedrugwar.org/WOLSignup.shtml.
PERMISSION to reprint or
redistribute any or all of the contents of Drug War Chronicle is hereby
granted. We ask that any use of these materials include proper credit and,
where appropriate, a link to one or more of our web sites. If your
publication customarily pays for publication, DRCNet requests checks
payable to the organization. If your publication does not pay for
materials, you are free to use the materials gratis. In all cases, we
request notification for our records, including physical copies where
material has appeared in print. Contact: StoptheDrugWar.org: the Drug Reform Coordination Network,
P.O. Box 18402, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 293-8340 (voice), (202)
293-8344 (fax), e-mail [email protected]. Thank
Articles of a purely
educational nature in Drug War Chronicle appear courtesy of the DRCNet
Foundation, unless otherwise noted.