The Week Online with DRCNet
(renamed "Drug War Chronicle" effective issue #300, August 2003)
Issue #146, 7/21/00
"Raising Awareness of the Consequences of Drug Prohibition"
Phillip S. Smith, Editor
David Borden, Executive Director
subscribe for FREE now! ---- make a donation ---- search
Shadow Conventions coming up 7/30-8/2
in Philadelphia and 8/14-8/16 in Los Angeles -- come out and be a part
of these historic events! See http://www.drcnet.org/wol/143.html#shadowconventions
for info. Register and print flyers from http://www.drugpolicy.org/shadowconventions/.
DRCNet urgently needs your donations to
support our legislative alert program. Visit http://www.drcnet.org/drcreg.html
to help make it happen!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Hemispheric Rights Group Intervenes in "Drug Kingpin" Death Penalty Case, Cites US Violation of International Agreements
- Interview with Mike Farrell: Movie Payola, Death Penalty
- California Medical Marijuana Moves Ahead on Two Fronts
- Study Says Marijuana Doesn't Interfere with AIDS Drugs, Scientific First Comes After Years-Long Battle With Government Health Honchos
- Illinois Congressman Bobby Rush Puts Decriminalization "On The Table"
- Columbian Fusarium Conundrum: Colombia Accepts/Rejects (choose one) US Biowar Plan
- All the News That Fits: The New York Times and Colombia
- Peru Blows Suspected Smugglers Out of the Sky, Again
- Boston Study Finds Racial Disparities in Drug Cases
- Buprenorphine Bill Passes House
- AlertS -- Federal and State: Colombia, Meth Bill/Free Speech, Mandatory Minimums, California, New York, Washington
- Alert -- International: Russian Federation Calling for Expulsion of Radical Party from United Nations
- Job Opportunity in Minneapolis: Women With A Point
- Event Calendar
- Do You Read the Week Online?
this issue, one-page printer version
Week Online archives
If you like what you see here
and want to get these bulletins by e-mail, please fill out our quick
signup form at http://stopthedrugwar.org/WOLSignup.shtml.
PERMISSION to reprint or
redistribute any or all of the contents of Drug War Chronicle is hereby
granted. We ask that any use of these materials include proper credit and,
where appropriate, a link to one or more of our web sites. If your
publication customarily pays for publication, DRCNet requests checks
payable to the organization. If your publication does not pay for
materials, you are free to use the materials gratis. In all cases, we
request notification for our records, including physical copies where
material has appeared in print. Contact: StoptheDrugWar.org: the Drug Reform Coordination Network,
P.O. Box 18402, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 293-8340 (voice), (202)
293-8344 (fax), e-mail [email protected]. Thank
Articles of a purely
educational nature in Drug War Chronicle appear courtesy of the DRCNet
Foundation, unless otherwise noted.