As an advocacy organization dedicated to public education regarding the harms of Prohibition, DRCNet welcomes, in fact encourages, the re-printing, re-posting and general sharing of any and all materials contained in The Week Online and/or our Alerts. There are a few things that we ask you do, if the venue permits:
- Let us know -- online, in print, wherever it is going. It is important that we be able to show our funders how widely our work is being disseminated.
- Credit DRCNet for the material, if possible including our web site. Some lines you can use include "article appears courtesy of the Drug Reform Coordination Network" or "(Drug Reform Coordination Network -- www.drcnet.org)" or "reprinted from The Week Online with DRCNet". You can also use our other web site addresses -- www.druglibrary.org and www.stopthedrugwar.org -- whichever one fits best with the tone and format of the publication where our work is being reprinted.
- If the piece has a byline, please include it -- glory is all we have to offer our volunteers.
- If you are reposting our material online, please include a link -- banner if possible, available upon request -- pointing back to our home page.
- If it's in print, or an e-mail zine, send us a copy!
Following these small procedures will be a big help to the organization, and will help enable us to continue doing what we are doing to help you do what you are doing. If any of these items is infeasible for some reason, however, go ahead and distribute our material anyway, as getting the information out is the bottom line.
-- END --
Issue #38, 4/17/98
Week Online Reprint Policy | UN Ambassador Richardson heads to Afghanistan... Narcotics Tops Agenda | "Global Days Against the Drug War" United Nations Protest Takes Shape | Press Release: Dutch Study Finds Marijuana Use Lower than Previously Thought | Commerce Department Report: Over 100 Million People Online... but most of them not on DRCNet | College Student Suspended for Two Semesters for Protesting Zero-Tolerance Policy | Special Report: Medical Marijuana in Canada, and its Potential Impact on the US | Events Coming Up | Editorial: The 20-Apr Debate
Mail this article to a friend
Send us feedback on this article
This issue -- main page
This issue -- single-file printer version
Drug War Chronicle -- main page
PERMISSION to reprint or
redistribute any or all of the contents of Drug War Chronicle (formerly The Week Online with DRCNet is hereby
granted. We ask that any use of these materials include proper credit and,
where appropriate, a link to one or more of our web sites. If your
publication customarily pays for publication, DRCNet requests checks
payable to the organization. If your publication does not pay for
materials, you are free to use the materials gratis. In all cases, we
request notification for our records, including physical copies where
material has appeared in print. Contact: StoptheDrugWar.org: the Drug Reform Coordination Network,
P.O. Box 18402, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 293-8340 (voice), (202)
293-8344 (fax), e-mail [email protected]. Thank
Articles of a purely
educational nature in Drug War Chronicle appear courtesy of the DRCNet
Foundation, unless otherwise noted.