The Week Online with DRCNet
(renamed "Drug War Chronicle" effective issue #300, August 2003)
Issue #7, 8/15/97
"Raising Awareness of the Consequences of Drug Prohibition"
subscribe for FREE now! ---- make a donation
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Note from DRCNet: Our mission is to disseminate information. We depend upon our members to keep us informed!!
- Media/Legislative Alert: Needle exchangers convicted in New Jersey. Large response needed
- New England Journal of Medicine Follows up on its January Editorial in Support of Medical Marijuana
- International News: Constitutional Challenge to Canada's Marijuana Prohibition, British Medical Journal editorializes against a US style Drug Czar for UK, Clinton Administration meets to discuss hemispheric cooperation
- New Book: Marijuana Myths, Marijuana Facts
- Statistic of the Week: We're just not building the prisons fast enough
- Demonstration in Washington, DC: Against the ban on federal funding for needle exchange. Participants/ Volunteers/Support needed
- Web Site News: Complete newsletter archive, and updated media links page
- Job Opportunities: Psst... Wanna be the new UK Drug Czar?
- Link of the Week: A somber but inspiring double entry this week from the other side of the world
- Quote of the Week: Honesty, not hysteria, educates children
- Editorial: When truth is not our vehicle, the messages we send don't reach our kids
this issue, one-page printer version
Week Online archives
If you like what you see here
and want to get these bulletins by e-mail, please fill out our quick
signup form at http://stopthedrugwar.org/WOLSignup.shtml.
PERMISSION to reprint or
redistribute any or all of the contents of Drug War Chronicle is hereby
granted. We ask that any use of these materials include proper credit and,
where appropriate, a link to one or more of our web sites. If your
publication customarily pays for publication, DRCNet requests checks
payable to the organization. If your publication does not pay for
materials, you are free to use the materials gratis. In all cases, we
request notification for our records, including physical copies where
material has appeared in print. Contact: StoptheDrugWar.org: the Drug Reform Coordination Network,
P.O. Box 18402, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 293-8340 (voice), (202)
293-8344 (fax), e-mail [email protected]. Thank
Articles of a purely
educational nature in Drug War Chronicle appear courtesy of the DRCNet
Foundation, unless otherwise noted.