Prop 19: Amsterdam Psychiatrist Blasts US Drug Czars for Distortions, Fear-Mongering (Letter to the Editor)
Stichting OPEN is proud to organize the first academic conference on psychedelic research. We offer you two full days of 21st century, cutting edge research into psychedelics and the psychedelic experience. Our conference is organized for all those with a serious interest in psychedelic research. We also invite therapists, researchers, addiction experts and academics, as well as students to become acquainted with a field of research that regular university curricula barely touch upon.
From addiction treatment to psychotherapy with the aid of psychedelics; from the neurobiology of ayahuasca to the social, ritual and legal implications of its use, and from human psycho-pharmacology and research into extraordinary experiences to new views on the legalisation of psychedelic substances, this conference is dedicated to the exploration of psychedelics research from a broad scientific perspective.
The conference lasts two full days; the conference will start at 9 am each day and end around 6 pm. In between lectures attendees will have ample time to discuss with speakers, to buy books, to acquire more information on psychedelic research, associated organisations and more.
Some of our confirmed speakers are the following:
- Torsten Passie MD (DE)
- R. Andrew Sewell MD (US)
- Peter Oehen MD (CH)
- Amanda Feilding (UK)
- Dr. Anwar Jeewa (SA)
- Bia Labate PhD (BR)
- Jordi Riba MD (ES)
- Jose Carlos Bouso MD (ES)
- Adèle van der Plas (NL)
- Stephen Snelders PhD (NL)
- David Luke PhD (UK)
- Katharina Kirchner (CH)
Some confirmed subjects that will be addressed at our conference are posted below. Please keep an eye on our website: as soon as we receive more information, we will update our site immediately. An accurate timetable will also be posted here as soon as all presentations are confirmed.
SATURDAY 23 OCTOBER
9:00 - 18:00
- Torsten Passie - "Astonishing Similarities of Physiological and Psychoactive Drug Induced States"
- Jose Carlos Bouso - "Healing Mechanisms of MDMA"
- R. Andrew Sewell - "Human Psycho-pharmacology Research at Yale University"
SUNDAY 24 OCTOBER
9:00 - 18:00
- Peter Oehen - "MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy - Method and Current Research"
- Bia Labate - "The Expansion of the Uses of Ayahuasca around the Globe"
- Anwar Jeewa - "An Exploratory Study of the Short-term Effects of Ibogaine Treatment on Drug Addicts"
- David Luke - "Exploring Exceptional Human Experience on Psychedelics: Ayahuasca, Telepathine and Parapsychology"
TICKETS / MORE INFO
Early registration is now OPEN! Go to our website - www.mindalteringscience.com - for further information, or head directly for our ONLINE TICKETSHOP. Reduced rates available to students and early birds! For questions and/or remarks: send us an email.
For more information about Stichting OPEN, visit our website at www.stichtingopen.nl. Unfortunately, due to site maintenance our website is temporarily only available in Dutch.
We hope to see you all at Mind Altering Science!